On every points type edit screen you will see a new meta box where you can configure the points limit of this points type.
This box let’s you configure a global limit for this points type as well as limits per user role (with support to plugin roles and/or custom roles).
On every row, you can configure 2 fields, the points amount and the limit recurrence.
The limit recurrence defines the time period the points amount limitation will be applied, and the available options are:
- Lifetime: The limit the user points earnings lifetime. Users won’t be able to get a points balance greater than this amount since this limitation is applied always.
- Day: The limit the user points earnings per day.
- Week: The limit the user points earnings per week.
- Month: The limit the user points earnings per month.
- Year: The limit the user points earnings per year.
Important: The points limit can’t be exceeded in any away, points awards, points on achievements or included, manual points awards, can’t exceed the limit applied.
Points Limits offers the ability to configure different points limits per user role (with support to plugin roles and/or custom roles).
Following the standard WordPress workflow, your users only will have 1 role, but many other plugins can assign more roles to the same account.
in such cases, Points Limits always will apply the less restrictive limit.
For example, an user has the roles “Subscriber” and “Editor” and in our points limits you have setup:
Editor’s limit: 100 per year.
Subscriber’s limit: 100 per day.
The Subscriber’s limit is less restrictive than the Editor’s limit since your users can earn 36500 points in a year (100 per day x 365 days) and for that, for the user with this 2 roles, the Subscriber’s limit will be applied.